Monday, April 26, 2010
Hope you're all having a great Monday.
Everyone always seems to come to me for thoughts on mother's day gifts. I guess it's because I'm in the jewelry industry and jewelry is the BEST gift!! And what better than jewels to honor the most important woman in your life - your MOTHER!!
We are running a fantastic promotion on Fragments.com through Mother's Day - so be sure to check it out. We've got everything from the uber-chic fashionista mom, to the classic grandma and the artsy auntie. Whoever she is - we have something perfect for her.
I was asked to select five peices that I would recommend. It was impossible for me to just choose five, so keep in mind there are many fabulous comparable items. Here we go:
2. Miguel Ases Earrings - By now, you should all know how we feel about Miguel Ases, especially his earrings. There is such an array of colors, shapes and sizes. They make all women feel beautiful, fresh and fearless. I have so many favorite pairs, but for Mother's Day, I've selected these, for the boho queen, the risk-taker who likes to have fun with her fashion and does it effortlessly.
3. KC Designs necklace - They key to mom's heart, a piece that she will cherish and wear everyday - this is the perfect gift. She can wear this on it's own, or pile on with the rest of her everyday pieces. It's a statement - and special. Unique, and an amazing way to show mom how much she means to you.
4. Chan Luu bracelet - Often referred to as "the essential" - we believe that every woman needs a Chan Luu wrap bracelet in their repetoire. It's beyond cool, totally edgy and complimentary to all other fine and fashion jewelry. It's casual but chic and transitions from day to night without question. I personally adore this one - the colors are are perfect for everyday and any look. BUT - there is an endless array so be sure to pick the perfect one YOUR mom - that represents who she is. I promise there is one for every woman.
5. Azaara ring - For the total glam goddess, the super femme, totally fun mom - I LOVE this ring. It is a statement unto itself and will amp up any look. Take daytime to another level with it and make it the focal point of your nighttime garb - this ring is absolute perfection and mom will certainly agree.
So, there you have it - my top 5 mother's day gifts. But, like I said, I could choose 200. So if there's not one for you on this list, be sure to check out our website for something else.
Thanks so much and a very happy, wonderful mother's day to you and your mom!
PS - If you're a mom, tell me what you're dying for for Mother's Day. I'd love to hear! And of course, if you have questions - feel free to ask. I am here to help with all of your jewelry needs.
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Let us know what you think and of course, tell us what you're doing with YOUR tax refund!!
1. For the super high tax refund, you must totally indulge and we've found the perfect piece. Moritz Glik's Cuff with 3.0ct of rose cut and 2.50ct of brilliant cut diamonds enclosed in double white sapphires in 18-k yellow gold and sterling silver. Price upon request, available at FRAGMENTS: 212.334.9588.
5. Last, but certainly not least - for those who got a not-so-fabulous surprise this year - the one's who owe taxes: we highly recommend becoming our FAN on Facebook to enter to win all kinds of amazing FREE fabulous baubles from Fragments. We love all of our fans and want to show you all just how much!
Monday, April 19, 2010
Today I would like to feature one of Fragments' closest friends and beloved designers. Annie Fensterstock is a master of immaculate craftsmanship and impeccable, unique design. Her jewelry is absolutely stunning. We congratulate and honor Annie everyday for her spectacular work and today, more than ever. Annie's jewelry just made it into the esteemed World Gold Council juried collection of new gold jewelry designs, as edited by a Blue Ribbon Panel of industry experts. Congrats Annie, this is so well deserved and we are thrilled for you!
The last time I was with Annie, she took some time to answer all of my fun questions. It is with great pleasure that I share with you her witty personality - a glimpse into her world - and you'll see why we adore her so very much.
1. What is your greatest indulgence? Chocolate and cheese
2. Tell me your biggest fear. freezer with no ice cream
3. Your favorite red carpet moment of all time? i always watch for the jewelry, but i love to see what the pregnant celebs are wearing! angelina jolie once wore an amazing green dress by max azria to cannes
4. Your most treasured piece of jewelry, and why? a gold locket from my grandmother with a picture of my grandparents and my father inside
5. White gold, yellow gold or mix it all up? definitely mix it all up!
6. Who is your favorite fictional character? Mabel Longhetti (A Woman Under the Influence)
7. Your greatest love is...my husband
8. Who is your hero? my grandmother
9. Who is your favorite jewelry designer (other than Annie Fensterstock?) JohnPaul Miller.
10. Who do you most admire, alive or deceased? same as #8- my grandmother, margit beck. she was an amazing painter and teacher, one of my greatest inspirations.
11. Your favorite movie? hedwig and the angry inch
12. Newspapers & magazines: print or online? much prefer print, but only splurge for the sunday times. the rest of the week i do online.
13. Your favorite ice cream flavor? almond gelato from franny's in brooklyn
14. Facebook or Twitter? Facebook
15. Style icon? anyone who's daring
16. If you could design a piece of jewelry right now, based on your current mood and surroundings, what would it be? A big gold locket covered with rose-cut diamonds, containing pictures of my 3 children
17. Black or white? i get everything dirty so black
18. The best part of New York City is...the food!
19. Tell me your greatest asset and your biggest flaw. i'm very/too detail oriented
20. If you could have any piece from Fragments, what would it be? it would take me days to decide!
Aren't her answers fabulous? Now, wait until you see her jewels! Take a look at some of Annie's work on our website. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our store: 212.334.9588.
Have a great day!
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Happy shopping and have a wonderful day!
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Since I have to select only one piece for my "Daily Obsession," I am sharing this stunning pendant with you. Available by special order at Fragments (price upon request: 212.334.9588,) - this is a spectacular statement piece. A piece to be worn on it's own - with a neckline that will show it off in a most deserving way.Please share your thoughts with me. As you can see, I am in love with it.
Monday, April 12, 2010
Hi All! I hope you had a fabulous weekend.
I wanted to share two great press clips with all of you.
Real Simple's May 2010 issue featured two Fragment's designers, Mary Louise Designs & Agrigento, as part of their Mothers Day gift guide.
Both clips are shown below. We are super excited about both peices. If you are interested in either, feel free to contact Fragments.com 866.966.4688 to order.
Thanks so much, Real Simple - we love you!
Friday, April 9, 2010
The colors are spectacular and they will take you right into spring/summer seamlessly! Please continue spreading the word to your friends and family to become our fan on Facebook - the sooner we reach 1,000 - the sooner we can draw a WINNER!
Thursday, April 8, 2010
They also happen to be an obsession of Eva Longoria's - who wore them on her episode of Jerry Seinfeld's show, The Marriage Ref. I always knew she had great taste!
Today's "Daily Obsession" is this pair of absolutely beautiful Adriana Carador 18k gold and citrine chandelier earrings. Beyond chic, definitely for the glam goddess - these earrings are perfection for your moment. Available now by special order at FRAGMENTS: 212.334.9588.
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Every woman needs a collection of statement cuffs to play around with. You can never have too many, but you certainly need at least one. I really believe that they amp up any look - always promising to take your style to the next level. With a statement cuff, it is so simple to acheive head-to-toe chic. Who better than Isharya (they practically invented statement jewelry) - to launch your cuff collection?
This triple druzy ebony cuff will turn heads just about anywhere. It will take your denim from day to night instantly. It is available now, right here on our webiste.
What do you think of this cuff? How would you wear it? Tell me about your collection.
Monday, April 5, 2010
For those of you who are just starting your collection of layered chains, I've selected the perfect "starter piece" for today's "Daily Obsession." This sterling silver Dana Kellin necklace accomplishes everything we need in one fabulous necklace.
Layers of chain with swarovski crystal links, this necklace measures approximately 18" long. A girl should not live without her layered chains, and as I said - this is a perfect place to start. Available now right here on Fragments.com.
On Friday night, my husband and I went to see Million Dollar Quartet at the Nederlander Theatre on Broadway. Guys, this show is sensational and we loved every minute of it. It transports you into another time zone - the 1950's - and we got right into it. I am so happy we got to see it early (it is still in previews.) It is all about the early days and the music of Elvis Presley, Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins and the one & only - Jerry Lee Lewis. Each of these stars got their start at the same time in the same place.
I highly recommend seeing this show with friends, family, a significant other - whoever you would like - I promise it will be an experience you won't ever forget.
You can read more about the show and purchase tickets right here.
Friday, April 2, 2010
Thursday, April 1, 2010
I had the opportunity to sit down with Lena and ask her my favorite questions. Here are her answers:
Lena's jewelry is available on our website, as well as in our store: 212.334.9588. Please call us if you have any questions or are interested in anything specific.