Wednesday, March 10, 2010

OSCARS 2010

Hi Everyone! I hope you're having a fabulous day...

One of my favorite things is award shows - I love watching the immaculate fashion, the stunning accessories and the beautiful stars coming down the red carpet. It is so much fun to honor our world's greatest talent and I LOVE talking about it afterwards...

...which brings me to my own little Oscar 2010 fashion round up....

I am head over heels for Sandra Bullock's Marchesa gown. She was just a vision and wore that dress with confidence and a beautiful glow.

Kate Winslet was gorgeous in Yves St Laurent - sexy and glamorous - and who could forget that outrageous custom Tiffany & Co. yellow diamond necklace around her neck?


I also thought that Demi Moore, in Atelier Versace, and Jennifer Lopez, in Armani Prive, were absolutely breathtaking. JLo's dress was like a piece of modern art, and Demi's color choice was spectactular. How fabulous is this photo of them together!



Then there was Maggie Gyllenhaal who took a bit of a risk with a serious splash of color. Dries Van Noten creats simply outrageous peices and Maggie carried this beautifully.


And last - but certainly not least, I LOVE a bit of fashion controversy. I think that Charlize Theron looked absolutely ravishing. She made quite the statement in her lilac Christian Dior number and I can assure you that no one will forget this moment.

I thought that this year was about classic, timeless accessories and fashion as art. What do you think? I would absolutely love to hear your thoughts on this years Oscars. Who's dresses did you love? Who's jewels are you totally crazy about? If you could attend the Oscars, who's jewels would you LOVE to wear?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

xoxo,
Janet

PS - If I were walking the red carpet at the Oscars - I would be wearing MORITZ GLIK jewelry. But I will get into that, tomorrow - so be sure to check back!





4 comments:

  1. I'd be wearing Oscar de la Renta. And diamonds - lots of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I am sure you would look exquisite! Send us photos of your favorite red carpet moment.

    xoxo,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about Sandra Bullock's dress. Simple, classy, but still a "look at me" piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But the jewelry left me a bit disappointed, as usual. I'm a tad tired of the same old pave stalactites and just a crust of diamonds all over everything. I'm a bit partial, but I'd like to really see someone take a chance with their jewelry.

    ReplyDelete