Monday, March 29, 2010

Broadway Review: Come Fly Away

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Mine was lovely and I want to tell you all about a sensational experience I had at the Marquis theater on Saturday night.

My husband and I went to see "Come Fly Away" - Tony winner Twyla Tharp's new musical. The choreography was absolutely sensational and the music was beyond words. But of course - how could it not be - it featured Frank Sinatra vocals. It is amazing how music and dance can combine so effectively to develop characters, various personalities and significant story lines. What a brilliant idea to marry such sexy dance with this style music - absolutely dynamic!

This show is a must-see. A real New York City experience. A night to remember. It is theater like this that makes NYC "our kind of town."

For more information, photos, videos and of course - to purchase tickets, visit this link:
Come Fly Away

Many people ask me what kind of jewelry to wear for certain ocassions. Many times, they inquire about what to wear to theater. I feel that theater is a perfect opportunity to let your jewels do the talking. Keep your clothing simple (stylish, of course) - but nothing to over the top, so that your jewelry can really stand out. I think special statement earrings are perfect - and even a fabulous necklace. Check out Deanna Hamro jewelry at Fragments for more inspiration...

What are your favorite shows and musicals? What do you wear to theater? I would love to hear your thoughts and answer your questions!

xoxo,
Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment