Friday, July 30, 2010

DESIGNER SPOTLIGHT: Shery Shabani

Hi everyone and happy Friday! Today, I'm just going to get right into it because I'm so excited about this designer feature. Shery Shabani is a brand new fine jewelry designer to the Fragments Showroom - and we're thrilled about it!


Her luxury collection is the perfect mix of edge and timelessness. It's classic styles with a very modern, fresh and glamorous feel. With Shery's jewels, it's all about piling on the diamond bangles - an array of sizes of course - and mixing them with beaded and pave bracelets. Her bold earrings are major statement makers. We're loving the whole collection and we can't wait for you to see it all. Shery's father is a diamond finisher, and so she grew up learning to work with precious stones. And boy does she do it beautifully!


Jewelry this chic and exciting can only be created by someone just as fabulous. I loved asking Shery my list of favorite questions - he answers are as cool as her jewelry, and she is just as amazing!



1. What is your greatest indulgence? A pair of pumps or a killer bag.

2. Tell me your biggest fear. Flying, what a nightmare!

3. Your favorite red carpet moment of all time? SJP at this year’s Oscars was stunning in Chanel. She does such incredible things with fashion.

4. Your most treasured piece of jewelry, and why? A beautiful pair of turquoise earrings my mother wore on her wedding day. It’s something I can wear and feel a deep connection with at the same time.

5. White gold, yellow gold or mix it all up? Mix it up!

6. Who is your favorite fictional character? Marvin K Mooney from Dr. Seuss Books.

7. Your greatest love is… my children. They are my everything.

8. Who is your hero? My mother. She is an inspiration.

9. Who is your favorite jewelry designer? (other than yourself) I die for Harry Winston’s pieces.

10. Who do you most admire, alive or deceased? Again, it would have to be my mother. There just isn’t anyone that I look up to more than her.

11. Your favorite movie? 9 Months. Hugh Grant is so loveable in that role!

12. Newspapers & magazines: print or online? Print. There’s nothing like the feel of the newest issue of Vogue in your hands.

13. Your favorite ice cream flavor? Coffee, I cannot get enough of it.

14. Facebook or Twitter? Facebook. I’m a little frightened by this whole twitter craze.

15. Style icon? Coco Chanel. Classic and timeless.

16. If you could design a piece of jewelry right now, based on your current mood and surroundings, what would it be? Well I love the look of chains, so it’d have to be a polished diamond version of them. I love the hardware feel of chain links, and adding shinning diamonds to it creates such a beautiful contrast.

17. Black or white? Just like the Rolling Stone Song, “Paint it Black”!

18. The best part of New York City is... I love the feel of SoHo. It’s the first place I try to visit whenever I go to the big city.

19. Tell me your greatest asset and your biggest flaw. My biggest asset has to be my discipline. But having said that, my biggest flaw is I have an extreme case of Type A personality. It’s a challenge … sometimes.

20. If you could have any piece from Fragments, what would it be? I love Sethi Couture’s flower earrings. So adorable, yet incredibly classy.

I hope you enjoyed my interview with Shery! Her jewelry will be available soon on Fragments.com, so stay tuned! In the meantime, you can check out her beautiful collection on her website: Shery Shabani.


Have a great weekend everyone!

xoxo,

Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment