Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Art Basel Roundup!

Dear Fragments Friends & Family,

How are you all doing? Enjoying the beginning of the Holiday Season? I hope you're all having fun celebrating the holidays, giving and receiving lots of love and thanks, and admiring the sparkling lights all around us. I love it all.

Speaking of celebrations and special moments...I have just returned from an amazing week at Art Basel in Miami, Florida. There was sensational art everywhere I looked and in the most unexpected places. The week was filled with extraordinary talent, love, creativity and celebration - every second was truly exquisite. I am so proud of my daughter, her restaurant Wynwood Kitchen & Bar has been such a success since it's opening early last week - even being named the "hottest restaurant of Art Basel." How exciting and what an accolade! Here is a beautiful shot of a live performance one night at the restaurant:

And take a look at the outdoor seating - isn't it sensational? It's all about uniqueness and creativity, celebrating the world of art and the talent that's around us everyday. It is so inspiring.

This was one of my favorite exhibitions called "friends with you," - it is so happy and unique, too much fun and brings me back to my childhood. The exhibition is made up of all giant balloons in the design district.

Another amazing installation was by reknowned graffiti artist, PHASE 2. I find this to be incredibly edgy and modern - very exciting and of course inspiring. Art keeps me going - it always inspires me to seek new and unique talent in the jewelry world and bring it to the marketplace. This piece does just that - I especially love it's use of neon color. What a pop!

I also find this "Retna" for Primary Flights mural very intriguing. It's dark, but incredibly inspiring and very stylish and regal.

These are only bits and pieces from our amazing experience at Basel this year. I will be posting more photos on our Facebook fan page - Fragments Jewelry - please become a fan to see photos and stay up to date with Fragments news. Thank you all and have a wonderful holiday season!
Love,
Janet


























































No comments:

Post a Comment