Thursday, August 26, 2010

DESIGNER SPOTLIGHT: Borgioni

I am so excited about today's Designer Spotlight on our incredibly talented, mother/daughter design due behind the fine jewelry collection BORGIONI. Tiffany & Rhonda Bartolacci are one of a kind - and their jewelry...well, sensational to say the very least.

This is edgy chic at its absolute finest - Buddha’s, evil eyes, medusa heads, peace signs, spider webs, roses, snakes and more - the idea of course, is "more is more." We love to pile on their famous stackable beaded bracelets, different colors, diamonds, pearls, tsavourites, unique beads, wood. And we mix them with their incredibly cool handcuff bracelets which are available in a bevy of metals - including rose and black rhodium gold.

Heavenly, this is a collection we could (and do) obsess over for days. And like I said, as cool as the jewelry is - Tiffany & Rhonda are even cooler. Check out what they have to say about their greatest indulgences, favorite movie, assets, flaws and even more...


1. What is your greatest indulgence?
Tiffany: I would have to say handbags and shoes, and of course an armful of bracelets of some sort.
Rhonda: Shoes and Jackets. Just can't resist a great pair of shoes and an awesome jacket.


2. Tell me your biggest fear.
Tiffany: To not be able to live life to the fullest. I try to live life with no regrets!
Rhonda: Really afraid of rats and large bugs


3. Your favorite red carpet moment of all time?
Tiffany: I hosted a Swedish TV show with my husband for a day. It was such a blast! I don't know if this qualifies for a red carpet moment, but it was definitely a great TV memory. Our friends and family in Sweden were entertained.
Rhonda: Probably, Walking my daughter down the aisle when she got married. I was so proud of her, she looked so beautiful and it was just a very special moment for me.


4. Your most treasured piece of jewelry, and why?
Tiffany: Can I have two? My wedding band of course, and a silver turquoise ring from and Indian designer that my grandmother gave me months before she passed. I hold a lot of memories in that ring that I really cherish.
Rhonda: My Mother's green diamond ring. I always tried to take it from her as a joke.

5. White gold, yellow gold or mix it all up?
Tiffany: Definitely mix it all up! For the record, I'm a sucker for rose and black rhodium gold.
Rhonda: Definitely mix it all up. Love to blend colors

6. Who is your favorite fictional character?
Tiffany: Dr. Seuss.....he brings me way back. He taught me how to read!
Rhonda: I have three....the Scarecrow, the Tin Man and the Lion in the Wizard of OZ. They represent Brains, Heart, & Courage. Three very important must haves in life!



7. Your greatest love is…
Tiffany: my husband, my dog and my mom.
Rhonda: My daughter, my father and my animals



8. Who is your hero?
Tiffany: I would have to say my grandmother. She was an amazing family woman. I miss her dearly. We named our line in her memory. Borgioni was her maiden name.
Rhonda: My father. His life sacrifices and accomplishments just truly amaze me. He always seems to have the answers to your questions. We always go to him for advice.



9. Who is your favorite jewelry designer? (Other than yourself)
Tiffany: Loree Rodkin is one of my favorites. Her pieces are unique and easy to wear. I have collected a few over the years prior to starting our line.
Rhonda: Loree Rodkin...I love her gothic style.



10. Who do you most admire, alive or deceased?
Tiffany: I know this sounds completely cliché, but my grandfather. He is an incredible business person and can still calculate figures like he did 40 years ago. The dedication and time he spent to build his own business I am finally able to understand. He is my go to for business advice.
Rhonda: My Mother. She was a wonderful and supportive mother and wife. Always there for you. We miss her. We honored her by naming our company after her.

11. Your favorite movie?
Tiffany: This is a tough one. Meet the Fockers. I love Robert De Niro and a good comedy. Analyze This would probably be the runner up.
Rhonda: The Wizard of Oz. I've watched that movie a gazillion times.

12. Newspapers & magazines: print or online?
Tiffany: Magazines in print. I like to rip out the pages of things I find interesting or inspiring.
Rhonda: Definitely Mags in print. Love to check out the latest fashions

13. Your favorite ice cream flavor?
Tiffany: Mint Chocolate Chip. Unless in Europe, then it's mango gelato.
Rhonda: Lemon gelato

14. Facebook or Twitter?
Tiffany: Facebook. I find Twitter to be incredibly annoying.
Rhonda: Definitely Facebook.

15. Style icon?
Tiffany: Brigitte Bardot. Such a versatile, eclectic style, and she's an animal activist.
Rhonda: Cher. I always watched her when she had her show on TV and always loved her fashion and individuality. Her concerts are amazing!

16. If you could design a piece of jewelry right now, based on your current mood and surroundings, what would it be?
Tiffany: An engagement ring. I love the idea of designing something for someone that is so special and so unique and meeting the challenge of creating a little piece of art that someone else will cherish forever. That's what is so much fun about designing jewelry. It has the capabilities to bring someone back into a specific moment in life or be a memory that can last a lifetime and be passed down from generation to generation. This whole concept is so exciting to me.
Rhonda: I just love bracelets! It would be another diamond and gold bracelet that would signify protection and guidance. I think that we all need both at some point in our lives.

17. Black or white?
Tiffany: Black
Rhonda: Black rhodium gold, I love it!

18. The best part of New York City is...
Tiffany: the energy and the fashion. Can I add that I always manage to find an amazing pair of boots here?
Rhonda: The fashion and the shopping, and the excitement that goes with it.

19. Tell me your greatest asset and your biggest flaw.
Tiffany: I would have to say that my greatest asset is my persistence. I don't give up till the point of being irritating to others, which is probably my biggest flaw as well. When I have an idea in my head, I'm not happy until I see it through for better or for worse.
Rhonda: Biggest flaw is definitely lacking of patience. Asset, not sure, maybe my easy going personality but don’t get me upset.

20. If you could have any piece from Fragments, what would it be?
Tiffany: A cocktail ring from Arman. His pieces are beautifully crafted statement pieces, and a cocktail ring would be a perfect accessory to any outfit. Not to mention that he and his wife are lovely people.
Rhonda: Any piece from Arman. He is a great talent.

We hope you are as in love with Borgioni as we are...

xoxo,

Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment