Monday, November 1, 2010

Designer Spotlight: Katie Decker

Hi Fragments fans and followers! How are you? How was your Halloween! I would love to see all of your costumes. Halloween is so much fun...

On another note, I am so excited to tell you about our newest fine jewelry designer, Katie Decker. At just 22 years old, Katie is being represented by Fragments with a fully developed and STUNNING fine jewelry collection. Katie finds the perfect balance between old world glamour and new school edge. Sensational and stackable diamond bangles and cuffs, incredibly vintage-like cocktail rings, layerable chains and stand out pendants - we can't get enough of this collection. All pieces are available in 18k rose, yellow and white gold and include diamonds and more! Be sure to check it out on our website, right here on Fragments.com.

It was my pleasure to spend some time with Katie and get to know her. I can assure you will love doing the same...


1. What is your greatest indulgence?
I LOVE to travel anywhere and everywhere. Experiencing new places and cultures is one of my favorite things to do.
2. Tell me your biggest fear.
Eating nuts or shellfish…I am allergic.
3. Your favorite red carpet moment of all time?
Eva Mendes in the white dress and turquoise and diamond Van Cleef and Arpels necklace. It was a major jewelry moment.
4. Your most treasured piece of jewelry, and why?
An amethyst ring my grandfather gave to me as a Christmas present when I was 10 years old. He was a jewelry lover too. I guess it runs in the family…
5. White gold, yellow gold or mix it all up?
Mix it all up and add some rose gold too!
6. Who is your favorite fictional character?
I used to read all the Nancy Drew books when I was a kid and pretend to solve crimes with my clipboard in hand. Aside from the fun of it I think she taught me to be imaginative and industrious.
7. Your greatest love is…spending time with my friends and family.
8. Who is your hero?
My mom. I do not think I would be where I am today without her.
9. Who is your favorite jewelry designer? (other than yourself)
Sevan Bicakci.
10. Who do you most admire, alive or deceased? My dad. He is the most disciplined person I have ever known and works extremely hard. If I only inherited half of his work ethic I think I am doing pretty good.
11. Your favorite movie? Almost Famous
12. Newspapers & magazines: print or online?
Print please– Vogue, Town and Country, Bazaar, Marie Claire – I love them all!
13. Your favorite ice cream flavor?
Mint Chocolate Chip and Cookies and Cream. A scoop of each would make the perfect dessert!
14. Facebook or Twitter?
Facebook
15. Style icon?
Grace Kelly—everything about her is sophisticated and timeless.
16. If you could design a piece of jewelry right now, based on your current mood and surroundings, what would it be?
Well since it is 85 degrees in Houston right now I am already feeling like designing for spring it would be a piece with big, bright colored stones.
17. Black or white?
Black 99% of the time. I do love white every now and then!
18. The best part of New York City is...Fragments! If you have not been you should go to look at all the beautiful jewelry.
19. Tell me your greatest asset and your biggest flaw. I am the definition of a perfectionist. Although it can be an asset I mostly drive myself and everyone around me crazy.
20. If you could have any piece from Fragments, what would it be?
A piece from Vibes because I love baroque pearls.
You can get to know Katie even better by taking a look at her interview with Fashion News Editor for Examiner.com, Virginia Nam. Enjoy!
xoxo,
Janet

1 comment:

  1. how inspiring, 22 years old? I love young designers! have you checked out Samantha Louise Jewelry? She designed custom jewelry for our wedding and it was amazing, she does great stuff!!

    www.samanthalouisedesign.com

    ReplyDelete